Tuesday, September 8, 2026

PAST, PRESENT, FUTURE

Hi everyone :D  Have you ever felt nostalgic for the past, or wondering what the future could be like?  This one's a bit rambly and long, but hopefully it makes sense and is coherent enough.  There are two parts, but I think they both share the theme of time and change.  What do you think?  Enjoy!  


*Old Dream - April 12 2018

*** 

First Part:

It was really dark, and I was barely able to see anything but could tell it was nighttime, that I was indoors and sitting on something.  After taking a bit of time to orient myself and let night vision kick in, it turned out I was sitting on a toilet, and I had my pants down :O  This wouldn't have been so worrying except for the fact that I was in the middle of one of my neighbour's living room :O

I pulled up my pants in a panic and flushed the toilet (why did I do that?!).  Then I started hearing my neighbours talking about a "strange noise".  I ran out of the front door as fast and as quietly as possible.  Halfway down the hall (I lived in a condo), I realized I needed to lock the door.  I had their spare key so I went back and very, very slowly pushed the key in and began turning the lock.  I heard my neighbours fully awake and talking, and then heard the toilet flush.  I took that opportunity to finish locking the door hoping they couldn't hear it through the flush.  Phew!

I ran back to my suite as fast as possible, but before going in I wanted to check my clothes closet which was located in the hallway just to the right of my suite door.  Though, after rifling through for a bit, I was very confused because I didn't recognize any of the clothes.  Then my immediate neighbour to the right came out and asked what I was doing in his closet, and I told him it's supposed to be my closet.  He's like, "No no no, your closet is on the other side", referring to the left side of my door, then I told him that's not right because then my left side neighbour wouldn't have a closet due to space limitations.  The guy firmly said, "That's just how it works 'now'".  I was so confused, because I knew everyone was supposed to have a closet, but I just thanked him for the info, and went inside.

My husband was sleeping, but I woke him up hastily because I just had to confirm something.  He was quite groggy and in shock.  I asked him what year it was and he said, "1998, no wait, it's 2002.  Yeah, 2002".  He even went to a calendar and showed me it was indeed 2002.  He tried going back to bed but I was so confused and kept asking him how that could be?  In my mind it was 2018 (present time at the time of dreaming), so any date that far back seemed ridiculous.  He thought I was just being crazy and needed some sleep.  I told him about the closet, and he said "yeah, what about it?".  He didn't remember the closet system the way I did.

There was no helping it, somehow I went back into the past, even though I don't remember it ever being like that.  So I had no choice but to go to sleep, and then...

 

Second Part:

I was in a mall I'd frequented in real life, but everything looked different, it was more high tech.  It was still 2002, I could feel it was the same time period as the first part, but things seemed way more advanced. The store displays, doorways, lighting, and so much more were controlled by gadgets.  

The mall was under renovations though so there were some barrier walls and unfinished areas.  I was there to meet a friend, Nadia, for lunch, but she wanted to see one of her other friends first.  Her friend worked at a jewellery/chocolate shop.  Yes, quite the strange combo, but it seemed like it was working since there were many customers so we had to wait until things quieted down.  

During the busy time, I wandered around to nearby shops and encountered a young lady.  She was on a bench eating some really yummy-looking food.  I asked her where she got it, she said it was from the food court.  I was going to say thanks and leave, but she continued talking.  She wasn't really a fan of the high-tech setup, she liked things the way they were before; more engaging and more personal.  I agreed wholeheartedly.  She looked happy I felt the same way.  Then I saw Nadia signal for me so I left the bench-lady.  

In the jewellery/chocolate shop now, Nadia was talking with her friend while I looked around.  I saw some chocolates in a display case and asked about the prices.  Her friend opened up the case and I looked at the bottom of a small square box (could fit about 4 pieces), it was $19.99... :|   Then I saw a few loose pieces beside the boxes and asked, "how much?".  The friend said, "twenty-five cents".  I got one, as I was quite hungry at the time.  The friend looked at me like I made a bad purchase, but compared to $19.99, it was a steal.  It wasn't special chocolate, but still tasted fine, it was like a round chocolate ball with a smooth filling inside.  

Nadia wanted to chat with her friend longer, but I was getting really hungry so I suggested that I go ahead.  She was okay with that so I made my way to the food court, and funny enough I saw the lady from earlier.  The lady saw me too and smiled.  I asked if I could sit beside her and she said "yes".  

While I was getting settled, she said she liked the music I was listening to.  Not sure what she was talking about though, maybe I was humming a tune...?  She said that genre of music strengthened her spirit, gave her energy, and instilled confidence. 

She then mentioned that she had a daughter whom she'd been teaching judo (or some other kind of defense style).  She said her daughter was only four but when they practiced together, her daughter was quite fearsome.  

The scene then cut to show them fighting in a ring, and the daughter jumped and latched onto the lady's (mom's) leg and didn't let go until a signal was given.  

I was like, "wow, that's one tough kid!"  Then I saw Nadia walking towards me so I said bye to the lady again.  She seemed really nice :)  

Around this time I woke up though I felt there could have been a little more to my dream.  

*** 

Thanks for reading!  I hope that wasn't too confusing or rambly, lol. 

Have you ever found yourself in a potentially embarrassing situation and then just barely made it out?  Well, that has to happen to me many a time through my life.  Now if only I could stop dreaming about embarrassing situations, lol.

From the second part, I wonder what music the lady heard?  Music is a big part of my life too and depending on what I'm listening to, I can feel changes to my mood and energy levels.  Does music have an effect on you?  Let me know :D

No comments:

Post a Comment