Monday, May 26, 2014

All about Cakes!

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the sudden disappearance, I went on a trip to Japan, and the week leading up to the departure was really hectic ^^' ....

But I'm back now, and ready to write again :)

Alrighty, so on to my dream :D  This one's kinda brief since I only remember a few parts, but it was a fun dream, lol.


***  I was enrolled in a cooking school and was in a class of 7 students (including me).  We were split up into two groups and our project was to bake 3 cakes.  The teacher also said it'll will be a competition to see which team bakes the best cakes.  I was grouped up with 3 others and since my group had one person more than the other group we were allowed to bake an extra cake, and I was the one chosen for that task :D

We had 1 month to design and practice making our cakes until the day we would bake it for the teacher to taste and mark.  There was a lot of discussion as to what ingredients to use, and how the cakes should look.  It was a lot of fun, but a lot of work too since I had to come up with my own cake at the same time.

On what I'll call "The day of Judgement", the teacher gave us the whole day to bake and decorate our cakes.  It was such a frenzy with flour, and icing all over the place, but in the end, all the cakes were ready for Judgement!

I couldn't see the cakes from our opposing team but I could hear the teacher was happy with the results :/  I was getting worried about my team, we had 4 cakes in total but I only remember 2.  The teacher wasn't too wowed with the first two cakes, but was extremely satisfied with our third cake which looked like a donkey pinata.  The teacher really liked the taste and texture of the pinata cake :D  I was so relieved.  Then it was time to show my cake which I made to look like a banana.  The teacher came over, but at that point I woke up ***


Thinking about my banana cake, just makes me smile, lol.  I definitely think Hell's Kitchen is influencing my dreams.

I'm even thinking that I should learn how to make cakes from scratch just so I can make the pinata cake in real life, what do you think?

Thanks for reading, and I hope you have a wonderful week full of smiles and sweetness!

If there's anything you'd like to say about the dream or ask, feel free to comment :)

Looking at it now, I'm glad the teacher didn't get a chance to grade my cake, lol

2 comments:

  1. Yes to trying to bake the pinata cake :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alright, will you be helping out, or just eating it? :D

      Delete