Wednesday, February 4, 2015

INTO THE STORM FOR GUMMIES

Hi everyone,

How've you been?  Sorry it's been like forever since my last post :(  I definitely want to post on a regular basis, so here's hoping this will be a good start :)

The night before I had this funny and scary dream that a big thunder and lightning storm was heading into the city, but instead of going home, I went to a grocery store :|


 ***

I was with my boyfriend walking around and shopping in Toronto's east end, close to Cabbagetown when I hear people shouting that a storm is heading our way.  At that time, the weather looked fine to me, the sun was shining and not a cloud in the sky.  I didn't know what the people were talking about, and my boyfriend and I were heading home anyway.  So we ignored them and continued walking on. 

Then out of nowhere, big gusts of wind started blowing at us; garbage started flying around, and the trees were starting to get bent out of shape.  I was starting to get worried, but still no clouds in sight so I thought it might have just been a freak little wind storm.  My boyfriend didn't think much of it either so we just continued at our regular pace.  Lots of people started running, I could tell they wanted to get home ASAP.  I had no fear, I was so close to home... but...OH DARN!  I forgot to buy something :O 

I'm not sure what, but I knew I needed it.  It was at that moment, the clouds started rolling in and the winds were picking up again.  I told my boyfriend I needed to go back to the store.  He tried to talk me out of it, but I convinced him I'd be fine; the store was only 10 mins away, and I knew I could make it home before the storm arrives.  He was reluctant, but let me go, while he headed the rest of the way home.  Now, it was my turn to run on the streets (how ironic, lol...), but as I had thought, I was at the store in no time :D 

At the back of the store there was a window through which I could see the storm starting in the west end of the city so I knew I had to be quick, but instead of just grabbing what I needed, I saw sour gummies on display and I figured since I was there anyway, why not grab some (my boyfriend loves sour gummies :D ).  But "some" turned into "a lot", and the storm was only getting closer every time I looked through the window.  I went in to pay for my items, but all the lights are off, and there's another person ahead of me, and he's just talking like nothing's going on :|  I was giving him the evil eye the whole time until he finally got the idea and left.  The dark setting was definitely eerie, but the cashier was nice and quick with my transaction (thank goodness).

As I stepped out of the store, the sky turned the darkest shade of grey, the winds were gusting like crazy, flashes of light and bangs of thunder were happening all over, and raindrops were coming down like they were all racing to the ground.  Why did I buy the gummies again? Aye....:(  I had no choice, I had to get home before things get even worse, so I started running, but strangely instead of shoes, all of a sudden I was wearing platform high heels :|  I don't know whether I was being punished for ignoring the storm warnings, or because I spent so much time deciding which gummies to buy.  Sad to say I didn't run very far before falling over, so I took them off, and that's when I woke up.

***

Thanks for reading :D  I hope you enjoyed my little stormy errand.  Funny thing is I don't think I bought anything other than gummies at the store, lol. 

Not sure what this dream is trying to tell me other than maybe to not think so long about small decisions, and to do what I'm supposed to do first and then what I want to do if I have time.  What do you think this dream is trying to tell me?

Until next time, stay warm and dry :)


Anna







No comments:

Post a Comment